This Archaeology Day is for practitioners, professionals and especially members of the public and will include:
- Highlights from a wide range of archaeological projects undertaken in Greater Manchester over the last year
- Topics include: Revealing Salford’s Fascinating Past: Excavations in the Historic City by the University of Salford, 2016-7.
- Four excavations of Workers’ Housing in Manchester city centre.
- The Archaeology of Infrastructure: the Ordsall Chord railway bridge.
- The North West Regional Research Framework for the Historic Environment.
- After the Fire: recording the historic fabric of Wythenshawe Hall.
- STORM: Safeguarding Cultural Heritage through Technical and Organisational Management.
- Toddington Lane, Wigan
- 2-4 Chester Road, Castlefield.
- Manchester, Greater Manchester’s Historic Textile Mills: their survival, condition and future
- Dr Michael Nevell (Salford Archaeology)
- Ian Miller (Salford Archaeology)
- Chris Mayo (Pre-Construct Archaeology)
- John Roberts (Salford Archaeology)
- Chris Wild (Salford Archaeology)
- Dr Rob Williamson (Mellor Archaeological Trust)
- Bill Aldridge (Wigan Archaeology Society)
- Oliver Cook (Salford Archaeology)
- Norman Redhead (Greater Manchester Archaeological Advisory Service)
- Guest speaker to be confirmed
- There will be opportunities to ask questions
- At lunch time participants will be able to look at the interactive Historic Environment Record database for Greater Manchester
- New publications will be launched and there will a chance to browse and buy archaeology books, look at finds displays by the Centre for Applied Archaeology, and view displays from local archaeology societies
- Refreshments will be provided but not lunch; you can bring your own or make use of the local cafes or pubs
- All taking place in the wonderful setting of the Peel Building on The Crescent, within the University of Salford campus
Please Note: If you are registering more than one attendee, please do so one at a time (i.e. make sure the quantity is 1 before clicking "Add to Basket", complete the questionnaire and once successfully added to your basket, go back to the product and repeat until you have registered all attendees). This is so we have individual names for the register rather than ‘plus one’.
For enquiries please contact:
Penny Dargan-Makin - T: 0161 295 0145 | E: email@example.com
Kirsty Whittall - T: 0161 295 6227 | E: K.Whittall1@salford.ac.uk